Thursday, October 16, 2008

Set Them Free

Today i was just thinking about this question? who's side would u be on if smth happens? Is it your sibling or is it your children? Of cos children as many would say. i was thinking about this cos i was talking to someone and happened so we were having an fake argument ( as many would know, i scold ppl alot hahahaha!) then this person said to a close friend " u should be on my side lah!" My friend was really smart. he just kept quiet. It's just triggered in my mind to question is this person really on my side. I was a bit taken aback by the silence. It just came in my mind today that many times we expect the people we love and care about to be on our side. What"s more is that when they don't meet our expectations, we get angry or insercure or doubt their concern for us. I realise that having these emotions is really quite selfish. It's like you want to own ur friend's love and condern for you. It's really robbing your friend of the freedom to care and love you at their own will. Then it came to my mind that love is really about giving. not just phsically giving of things but giving the person the freedom and freeplay to show their love and concern at their own timing. i really want to give more than i take. i resolute to set my closest friends free. i want to be a giving person....

No comments: